Sunday, January 30, 2011

Introduction


As a corporate Butch I have had to toe the line on my identity countless times.  From the way I wear my hair to my corporate outfits, which are required dress code for the office, I have never found the balance I crave in my work life.  I have to be cautious, of course, because I have a full range of clients, many of whom do not know my sexual orientation or gender identity.  As a result, I struggle every single morning of my work week to find the outfit that will honor both who I am and what I do for a living.  It is hard and painful.  Unless I am heading out for an evening with my wife, I inevitably fail finding the mix which will both provide comfort for my clients as well as honor who I am. 

For years, I have surfed the internet looking for the magic site to refer to, to go to, to peruse for those perfect products, outfits, ideas, etc.  I watch Ellen and how she dresses both on her show as well as when she heads out with her wife.  I envy Butches who work in places where they can present themselves in a way that they feel total comfort.  Heck, I used to BE one of those Butches when I had my bookstore!  It was great.  These days I could go with the funky, cool look; the artsy flowy look; or the middle aged, sensible shoes look but the feel I covet is GQ… classy, streamlined, and sharp.  Looking for clothes along this line with the body of a slightly overweight 50+ female body online is difficult.  To find it all in one place is a dream.  However, I have decided that no site or location exists.  If there is one that you know about, shoot me a note and I will make it a favorite!  As a result, I am, setting up a blog to post pictures, ideas, music, and other lifestyle concepts.  Come, enjoy, make comments, stay awhile! I have a feeling I am not alone...

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This doesn't make me feel any better about my prospects.

    Well, at least I can give you a "thank you" for being so honest-- for not feeding your readers more of the "It Gets Better. My life is splendid. I've found a balance and acceptance," line of nonsense. :/

    ReplyDelete